Sunflower Art and activities about town
- iCreate / MMAC hands on community art project to paint a mural (next to the P.O.); music outreach program players; children's arts and crafts activities.
- Children's Sunflower Art (not yet confirmed but we hope appearing on display in store fronts all over town)
- Sunflower displays in local storefront windows
- Impromptu & unscheduled Sunflower Folk Art at various locations
- Mountain Arts on Broadway Open House: (not confirmed for 2012)
Sunflower Art Raffle
Van of Enchantment (Salinas NPS Visitors Center)
- strolling about town, Broadway-Main-Summit loops
- LeRoy's Simmon's Forge Art at Alpine Alley
- Gordon Mc Math's "critters" ~ folk art metal sculptures, 3rd St behind Shaffer Hotel
- exploring the historic Shaffer Hotel, Pueblo Art Deco ceilings in the dining room, famous wild folk art cement gate, garden, gazebo and more.
- driving out to Rancho Bonito to see more of Pop Shaffer's wild folk art
- visiting the Salinas Pueblo Missions ruins at Abó, Quarai and Gran Quivira
Sunflower Hat Parade and Contest
Mountainair Farm & Garden Market, Sidewalk Sales on Broadway, Street Vendors and Yard Sales about town
Annual Library Booksale, on Town Square in front of Mountainair Community Library
Earthsong / Ancient Arts on Broadway:JoAnn Dale, Pleasant Wright: pottery, jewelry, folk art, mixed media, fiber art
Facts about sunflowers
What is the Mountainair Sunflower Festival? (essay)
sunflowers collection: art, culture, news, events, history & moreDale Harris' sunflower pottery & poem, "Manzano Sunflowers"
Sunflower Festivals around the worldMore Sunflower Poetry
Gallery of sunflowers in art & moreGallery of Sunflower Hats
more sunflower images